We put the Big Houston Heart campaign in front of our audience, daily. We used media channels the community could easily and quickly access, including:
- Print ads to reach people staying up to date on the latest local news
- Broadcast TV spot
- Airing during local news to reach audiences watching COVID-19 updates
- Running on streaming services, including Hulu, throughout content tagged as “comedy” to reach audiences fatigued with COVID-19 news
- Paid and organic social posts that showed how to express support for frontline workers
- Outdoor ads around hospitals and clinics
On top of all that, we added our audience’s voices through their participation. For example, we posted content that featured frontline workers — nursing staff and community partners — people who demonstrated amazing resilience and compassion in the face of the pandemic.
On May 19, Mayor Turner officially established the day as “Big Houston Heart Day.”
That proclamation drove an uptick in impressions and engagement on social media. And…our audience responded with plenty of user-generated content, which found a home on the landing page and pushed the campaign even higher.